Datei:George Graham London Nr. 5249 Cylinder, circa 1727 (1).jpg
George Graham London Nr. 5249 Cylinder, circa 1727
An early 18th Century English cylinder by George Graham in contemporary gilt and leather pair cases. Full plate fire gilt movement with Egyptian pillars, signed gilt dust cover. Pierced and engraved cock with diamond endstone, solid engraved foot and plate for the silver regulator disc. Fusee and chain with worm and wheel barrel setup between the plates. Plain three arm steel balance, blue steel spiral hairspring. Polished steel cylinder, large brass escape wheel. Winding through the white enamel dial, Roman and Arabic numerals, gold beetle and poker hands. Contemporary gilt inner case. Gilt outer case covered in green leather, decorated with gilt pique pins. One of the earliest examples of a cylinder escapement. Watches numbered after 5180 all have cylinder escapements. Before 1727 all were verge.
Please note that all content, text and images on this site are the copyright of Pieces of Time. However you may use any of the images or text (unless it displays a copyright notice of another individual or company ) with the following restrictions:
- Pieces of Time is acknowledged in a form similar to "reproduced by kind permission of Pieces of Time".
- In the case of a commercial venture our address and URL must also be included in an appropriate place.
- If you are publishing on the Internet please feel free to include a link(s) to any text page on our site without the need to include an acknowledement.
- We would of course be grateful if you would inform us that you have used our material but this is not a requirement. If you are considering publishing a traditional paper document we may be able to supply images of resolution suitable for that medium.
Klicke auf einen Zeitpunkt, um diese Version zu laden.
|aktuell||21:27, 14. Dez. 2017||714 × 852 (119 KB)||Andriessen||George Graham London Nr. 5249 Cylinder, circa 1727 '''Reproduced by kind permission of [http://www.antique-watch.com/ Pieces of Time]''' - '''E-Mail: [mailto:[email protected]e-watch.com [email protected]]''' An early 18th Century English cylinder by …|
- Diese Datei mit einem externen Programm bearbeiten (weitere Informationen in den Installationsanweisungen)