Datei:George Graham No. 6530 Gehäuse.jpg
George Graham No. 6530 Gehäuse.
A mid 18th Century by George Graham in later silver cases. Full plate fire gilt movement with signed gilt dust cover. Square baluster pillars. Pierced and engraved masked cock with diamond endstone in a polished steel setting, silver regulator disc. Fusee and chain with worm and wheel barrel setup between the plates. Plain three arm steel balance, blue steel spiral hairspring. Polished steel cylinder, large brass escape wheel. White enamel dial with Roman and Arabic numerals, gold beetle and poker hands. Fitted in a plain silver inner case and a contemporary silver repousse outer. Signed Geo Graham London - 6530 , Circa 1750, Diameter, 49 mm , Depth 14.5 mm George Graham (1673 - 1751) was one of England's most eminent watchmakers. He was in partnership with Thomas Tompion early in the century. In the early 1720's he invented the cylinder escapement which he used almost exclusively from that time. This piece is interesting in that it represents one of his latest watches. Baille lists number 6480 as being made in 1750. This watch has not been overhauled as essentially it is a movement only.
Please note that all content, text and images on this site are the copyright of Pieces of Time. However you may use any of the images or text (unless it displays a copyright notice of another individual or company ) with the following restrictions:
- Pieces of Time is acknowledged in a form similar to "reproduced by kind permission of Pieces of Time".
- In the case of a commercial venture our address and URL must also be included in an appropriate place.
- If you are publishing on the Internet please feel free to include a link(s) to any text page on our site without the need to include an acknowledement.
- We would of course be grateful if you would inform us that you have used our material but this is not a requirement. If you are considering publishing a traditional paper document we may be able to supply images of resolution suitable for that medium.
Klicke auf einen Zeitpunkt, um diese Version zu laden.
|aktuell||14:51, 23. Jun. 2010||700 × 932 (155 KB)||Andriessen||George Graham No. 6530 Gehäuse. A mid 18th Century by George Graham in later silver cases. Full plate fire gilt movement with signed gilt dust cover. Square baluster pillars. Pierced and engraved masked cock with diamond endstone in a polished steel|
- Diese Datei mit einem externen Programm bearbeiten (weitere Informationen in den Installationsanweisungen)