Datei:Tompion & Graham 4538 (1) Zifferblatt.jpg
Tompion & Graham 4538 (1) Zifferblatt.
A rare early 18th Century verge by Tompion and Graham in silver pair cases. Deep full plate fire gilt movement with Egyptian pillars. Fusee and chain with worm and wheel barrel setup between the plates. Pierced and engraved winged cock with pierced and engraved foot. Plain steel balance, silver regulator disc. Purpose made white enamel dial with Roman and Arabic numerals, fine blue steel beetle and poker hands. Purpose made matching silver pair cases hallmarked London 1785. Signed Tho Tompion Geo Graham London 4538, Circa 1712, Diameter 56 mm, Depth 17.5 mm. Watches signed by Tompion and Graham are very rare, less than twenty are known. Their partnership lasted a very short time, from 1711 until Tompion's death in 1713 when Graham took over the business. Graham had been working for Tompion since 1696 as a journeyman and married his niece, Elizabeth, in 1704. This watch is listed in Jeremy Evans book "Thomas Tompion at the Dial and Three Crowns". It was sold at Sothebys in 1964 .
Please note that all content, text and images on this site are the copyright of Pieces of Time. However you may use any of the images or text (unless it displays a copyright notice of another individual or company ) with the following restrictions:
- Pieces of Time is acknowledged in a form similar to "reproduced by kind permission of Pieces of Time".
- In the case of a commercial venture our address and URL must also be included in an appropriate place.
- If you are publishing on the Internet please feel free to include a link(s) to any text page on our site without the need to include an acknowledement.
- We would of course be grateful if you would inform us that you have used our material but this is not a requirement. If you are considering publishing a traditional paper document we may be able to supply images of resolution suitable for that medium.
Klicke auf einen Zeitpunkt, um diese Version zu laden.
|aktuell||16:11, 24. Jun. 2010||700 × 815 (126 KB)||Andriessen||Tompion & Graham 4538 (1) Zifferblatt. A rare early 18th Century verge by Tompion and Graham in silver pair cases. Deep full plate fire gilt movement with Egyptian pillars. Fusee and chain with worm and wheel barrel setup between the plates. Pierced an|
- Diese Datei mit einem externen Programm bearbeiten (weitere Informationen in den Installationsanweisungen)